The Carriage Inn Bed & Breakfast is open to serve you!
Your SAFETY AND HEALTH are our PRIMARY CONCERN as we welcome guests!
By Executive Order, The Governor of West Virginia has canceled the mask mandate for fully vaccinated people indoors and outdoors, and we are all excited to travel again! At The Carriage Inn Bed and Breakfast, masks and social distancing are NOT required, but we certainly respect everyone's individual choices and needs. Please voice your requests so we may help make you comfortable in our home.
We pride ourselves on cleanliness and want to make you aware of the extra precautionary steps we take every day as we prepare your room and get ready for breakfast:
- ALL of our rooms are available to guests! The maximum number of guests per night is much smaller than at a big hotel! This allows us to keep on top of keeping things sanitized and safe for every guest!
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days, OR you are sick or experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea) we ask you to please delay your stay with us.
- All towels and sheets are washed in high temperature water (195+ degrees). In addition to our high-level standards for sanitization and cleanliness, we are consistently cleaning & sanitizing high-use surfaces such as door handles, door bells, keys, our credit card processor, and counters in public spaces.
- Breakfast times will be selected at check in. Breakfast is served at 8 am, 8:45 am, and 9:30 am. We try to limit each seating to six people so there is plenty of space in the Dining Room for everyone. Luxury suites will be served breakfast to their doors or on their porch or patio, depending on the weather. Coffee and teas, sodas, juices and filtered water are available as self-serve items in the dining room.
- Hand-sanitizer is available in the entry area of the Inn, and in the Dining Room where you get your coffee and tea.
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park is open. Shuttle buses are operating from The Visitors Center to the town of Harpers Ferry from 9 am to 6:45 pm. Masks are required when riding the shuttle. Bathrooms and most buildings are open, though some audio visual displays are not available. Masks are required by the Park Service when in a crowded space in the park.
- At Antietam National Battlefield Park, all Park trails and roads are OPEN. Restrooms are available. Rangers are available at an outdoor tent and The Book Store is open. The Park Visitors Center will close for restoration work mid-summer, but a temporary Visitor's Center will be open . Online videos (CLICK HERE) offer a virtual tour of the battlefield which is great preparation for your in-person visit!
- Our great area restaurants are open for dining room service at 100% capacity. Some continue to offer outdoor dining, as well as takeout and delivery. Reservations are suggested.
- If you book your stay directly with us, either through our website, or over the phone, we will permit last minute cancellations with a positive COVID-19 test. Just call us!
As always, stay safe and be smart. We look forward to welcoming you!