The Carriage Inn B & B is open to serve you!
Your SAFETY AND HEALTH are our PRIMARY CONCERN as we welcome guests!
By Executive Order, The Governor of West Virginia has CANCELED THE MASK MANDATE for fully vaccinated people indoors and outdoors. Therefore at The Carriage Inn Bed and Breakfast, FOR FULLY VACCINATED PEOPLE, masks and social distancing are NOT required. (FULLY VACCINATED means that it has been two weeks or more since your final COVID-19 shot.) Individual businesses and recreational facilities can require both to meet the needs of their guests.
For people NOT FULLY VACCINATED, mask wearing and social distancing IS REQUIRED.
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and want to make you aware of the extra precautionary steps we are taking in light of the current situation:
- ALL of our rooms are available to guests! The maximum number of guests per night will be MUCH SMALLER than at a big hotel! This allow us to keep on top of keeping things sanitized and safe for every guest!
- If you have been exposed to anyone, or you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, OR you are sick or experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, diarrhea) we ask you to please delay your stay with us. Anyone arriving with symptoms is forbidden to enter the building by WV State Department of Health rules.
- All towels and sheets are washed in high temperature water (195+ degrees). In addition to our high-level standards for sanitization and cleanliness, we are consistently cleaning & sanitizing high-use surfaces such as door handles, door bells, keys, our credit card processor (which is a NO SIGNATURE device), and counters in public spaces.
- Our wonderful afternoon snacks are available on the dining room table for you to pick up.
- Breakfast times will be selected at check in. Breakfast is served at 8 am, 8:45 am, and 9:30 am. Until people feel more comfortable with the relaxed mandates, we will have only 4 people in the Dining Room at a time. "Breakfast for Two or Four Traveling Together" will be available in the Parlor as well. Luxury suites will be served breakfast to their doors or on their porch or patio, depending on the weather. Coffee and teas, sodas, juices and filtered water are available as self-serve items in the dining room.
- Hand-sanitizer is available in the entry area of the Inn, on the second floor landing, and in the Dining Room where you get your coffee and tea. Bar soap and water (of course) is available in all bathrooms for hand washing.
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park is open. Shuttle buses are operating from The Visitors Center to the town of Harpers Ferry from 9 am to 6:45 pm. Masks are required when riding the shuttle. Bathrooms and most buildings are open, though some audio visual displays are not available. Masks are required by the Park Service when in a crowded space in the park.
- At Antietam National Battlefield Park, all Park trails and roads are OPEN. Restrooms are available. Rangers are available at an outdoor tent and The Book Store is open. The Park Visitors Center will close for restoration work mid-summer, but a temporary Visitor's Center will be open . Online videos (CLICK HERE) offer a virtual tour of the battlefield which is great preparation for your in-person visit!
- Our great area restaurants are open for dining room service at 100% capacity Some continue to offer outdoor dining, as well as takeout and delivery. Reservations are suggested.
- If you book your stay directly with us, either through our website, or over the phone, we will permit last minute cancellations because of COVID-19 concerns without fee or penalty. Just call us!
As always, stay safe and be smart. We look forward to welcoming you!